Want to be a customer of a New Jersey-based business on the Internet?
TL;DRCall Alan from JetCameras.com directly at 732-444-3743 and ask for the "Jersey Special".
Make sure to block his number and report as spam when finished.
Sunday, January 20th 2019
- Placed an order in the amount of $718.00 on JetCameras.com
- Had a conversation with Alan from JetCameras.com regarding my order
|Canon EOS M50 with EF-M15-45mm Lens|
|Canon EF-M 55-200mm Lens|
|Call Log with Alan from JetCameras.com|
- He started the conversation by verifying my order
- Then he tried selling me a "5-hour battery with charger and lens filters" for a total of $889 (an additional $170 for items I neither ordered nor wanted)
- After I declined his upsell, he rambled on and slipped in that the camera did not come with a battery or battery charger. His website clearly states the camera kit is NEW:
- Me: "I thought the camera came with a battery"
- Alan: "Not at this price point"
- Alan tried one more time with his upsell. I declined him again:
- Me: "Just send me what I ordered"
- Alan: "Ok. We have a 10 day return policy and will charge a 15% restocking fee if returned"
Thursday, January 24th 2019
- Received package from JetCameras.com
- Never received an email with tracking information like I was told
- Package did not come with Signature Confirmation like I was told
- UPS left package without requesting my signature
- Open package and two boxes inside. So far, so good
- Canon EOS M50 box is opened with no factory seal. Clearly not new as item description states on JetCameras.com website. Closer inspection of Canon box reveals it isn't even the correct box for the item I purchased
- I ordered Canon part #2680C011 and the box is for Canon part #2680C032. Could not find any information about this part # from Canon.com
- Inside this box for the wrong Canon part #, I found the following items
- Canon EOS M50 camera body
- Battery and battery charger (which Alan stated "Did not come at this price point")
- Plug for the battery charger
- User manual
- Camera strap
- Missing from box number one
- Canon EF-M15-45mm Lens
- This is the JetCameras.com SKU found on box number two
- Inside box number two is the missing Canon EF-M15-45mm Lens from box number one
- Missing from the entire package
- Canon EF-M55-200mm Lens
|Contents of package from JetCameras.com|
|Wrong Canon EOS M50 box|
|No Google search results for Canon part #2680C032|
|Contents of box number one|
|Box number two SKU|
|Missing Canon EF-M15-45mm Lens from box number one|
Summary of Fraud
|SKUs from order confirmation email and package invoice don't match|
The summary of fraud committed by Alan from JetCameras.com is as follows:
- Upsold unwanted items during order verification phone call
- Did not provide an email with a tracking number for the order shipment
- Did not send package with Signature Confirmation as indicated
- Sent an open box (and wrong box) with missing items instead of the product ordered in new condition as indicated from the JetCameras.com website
- Failed to send the second ordered product at all
- Is expecting a return of all items at my expense and thinks he will be able to charge me a 15% restocking fee for his clusterfuck